The Warren Center Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) program serves children, age birth to three years old, with developmental delays or disabilities. The Warren Center’s team of early childhood specialists, therapists, social workers, and other professionals conducts evaluations and provides services to children and their families in their natural setting (where they live, learn and play).
The Warren Center follows a parent-coaching model. While we are providing therapy, we encourage parents and/or caregivers to take a hands-on approach. We teach you techniques during the sessions that help you continue therapy throughout the week. We also coach you through life scenarios. We understand that every family is different and every child is different, so we create programs that are unique to your family’s situation.
- Evaluations for all infants and toddlers at no cost
- Service Coordination
- Individualized therapeutic services in speech, occupational, and physical therapy, developmental education, feeding and nutrition training, specialized skills training and social work
- Referrals to specialty providers
- Specialized ECI Groups to help children transition from home to school and build social communication skills
- Transition planning with special education providers
THE WARREN CENTER ECI SERVICE AREA
Our ECI Program serves the entire Northern half of Dallas County, which includes Dallas (North of downtown), Highland Park and University Park, Irving, Coppell, Carrollton, Farmer’s Branch, Addison, Richardson, Garland, Wylie, Sachse and Rowlett.
PAYING FOR SERVICES
ECI asks families who can afford to do so to share in the cost of services. This is called the Family Cost Share. The amount a family pays for services is determined using a sliding-fee scale and is based on family size and income, after allowable deductions. No child or family will be turned away because of an inability to pay.
The following services are provided at no cost:
- Evaluation and assessment
- Case management
- Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) development
- Translation and interpreter services
These initial services help identify your child’s strengths and needs, as well as locate resources to meet those needs. You may be asked for permission to bill your or your child’s insurance for these services.
It is like FaceTime or Skype, just more secure and can be done through a tablet, computer or with your phone! We are using the WebEx platform for each session. Getting started is simple. Your therapist will send you an email; you click on it, follow the directions and presto! It works just like the other video chat methods you currently use to keep in touch with friends and family. If you are interested in using teletherapy services, contact us