CAREGIVER SUPPORT GROUPS
Support Group Overview
The Warren Center is now offering parent support/discussion groups! The purpose is to connect parents and caregivers with others in the community who have similar experiences. Groups will have five to seven members to allow time for everyone to participate. Participation is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
DAYS OF THE WEEK:
- ASD Diagnosis (Children ages 3-5) – First Tuesday of the month
- ASD Diagnosis (Children ages 6-8) – First Thursday of the month
- Behavioral Challenges (Children ages 3-5) – Second Tuesday of the month
- Behavioral Challenges (Children ages 6-8) – Second Thursday of the month
- ECI Services (Children ages 0-3) – Third Tuesday and Thursday of the month
TIME: 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Virtual – a Zoom link will be sent to you after signing up (pending availability)
WHY: Parents and caregivers of children who have special needs or developmental differences have differing perspectives. These groups will allow caregivers who have similar experiences to know that they are not alone and have a safe space to discuss their strengths, challenges, and needs.
What can I expect from this group?
- These sessions are designed as informal support groups rather than group therapy.
- Lists of discussion topics will be posted ahead of time, and parents are encouraged to bring their own voice.
- This will be a safe space where parents can talk about their ideas and challenges.
- Zero tolerance for hateful, disrespectful, or inappropriate language.
- Caregivers interested in one-on-one therapy sessions are welcome to reach out to Dr. Klindt.